A Plea to the Holy Father For While He's Here
Welcome to the United States. May your visit be blessed and productive.
Also, please take into consideration the VOTF's reasonable petitions.
1. Treat survivors of sexual abuse with the justice and compassion our faith demands.
2. Hold bishops accountable to the people they serve.
3. Embrace full participation of Catholic men and women in Church decision-making.
4. Require full financial transparency and accountability in all governance matters.
We believe these steps will produce:
- An open, transparent and accountable Church
- A participative Church embracing the gifts and talents of the baptized
- A Church governed by compassion, informed by justice, empowered by equality, and animated to act collegially