Sunday, December 07, 2008

Equal Time for Internazionale

Another week of Fútbol over Football


Aún Estamos Vivos - The unofficial website of the Marco Materazzi Fan Club!

Inter Milan Defender Marco "Matrix" Materazzi.

It's December.

I should be posting about the NFL... Pats vs. 'Hawks this afternoon. I should be posting about that, shouldn't I? We're heading into the stretch towards the playoffs.

Well, all week Ryan Clark's hit on Wes Welker in the game against the Steelers last Sunday was the hottest featured video on Google. Five turnovers by the Patriots and a bunch of unbelievable drops by Randy Moss. I can't believe Foxboro fans had to sit in the cold driving rain for that performance.

I'm still not in the mood, even though the Patriots managed to wrest the lead (and the win) back today from the Seahawks with 2:45 left, and Wes Welker had a huge day.

So yeah, here's another fútbol post. I felt bad about posting up an AC Milan clip a little while back, considering that Cristina is an Inter Milan fan. After all, Inter is still leading Italy's Serie A ahead of AC Milan, so here's a tribute to two of Inter's aging stars, both of whom are currently in the doghouse of coach Jose Mourinho. Their days may be numbered.

Bicycle Kick Goal by Marco Materazzi



At the age of 35, Matrix may be headed for the end of his career. Coach Mourinho doesn't like him very much. Generally speaking, Materazzi is a defender most widely known for his egregious hacking fouls, but this clip shows that he's not without talent. There's a reason why he's been a stalwart the past several years on the the Azzurri, Italy's national squad.

He's so crazy I can't help but to like him.

Hernán Crespo Highlight Reel, set to Kryptonite by Three Doors Down



It looks like the 33-year old Argentinian striker and World Cup star Hernán Crespo will be leaving Inter very soon, perhaps for SA Roma. He hasn't had much playing time lately, and has never gotten on very well with Mourinho either, going back all the way to their days together at Chelsea in England's Premier Division. I think he still has a lot of great soccer left in him.

10 comments:

cowboyangel said...

Footbal... Arrrrrrggggghhhh. #$%$#$&@#$#!

Jeff said...

Oh my goodness. The Jets must have lost to the lowly Niners today.

Let me check.

Oh my.

Garpu said...

Seahawks have just been one, big mess this year. Not as bad as the Huskies, though. Dear lord...

Jeff said...

Sorry about them 'Hawks, Garps.

That's a real mystery this year, why they are having so much trouble. They are a much better team than their record indicates. Mike Holmgren's last year, too. You'd think things would be going better for them.

cowboyangel said...

$#$%&#$&$#

Not only that, but after giving up on the stupid Jets, I switched over to the Cowboys-Steelers game. How do you blow a ten point lead in the last 7 minutes after dominating so much of the game?!?!?!?

Arrrrgggh. #$#%$%#&%#&

I don't think Holmgren should've said beforehand that it was his last season. I had never seen that before. And I have a feeling I won't see it again for a long time. Don't think lame duck coaching is a good idea.

shera10 said...

Meanwhile Zidane:
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/80238-zidane-regrets-headbutt-juve-doping

Ciao
Cris

shera10 said...

And...(I'm reading last Card. Martini's book. there is still hope in the Church!)
Cristina

Jeff said...

Hi Cristina!

Zidane? Yes, but I might have jinxed Matrix with this post!

Zidane might be returning to futbol and Matrix fractured his cheekbone the other day.

Although, he did win a libel case against a British newspaper recently.

You are reading Cardinal Martini's book? Please let me know how it is. I'm vey much looking forward to it being translated into english.

Jeff said...

William,

I was so caught up in the Patriots' recent woes, I didn't really notice the Jet's failure to pretty much put the AFC East away. Sheesh. A golden opportunity lost.

The Cowboys... Another franchise in turmoil.

shera10 said...

poor matrix! In Italy we say "he hits as a blacksmith" but Italy team and Inter have won many matches thanks to his efforts.

A little beautiful quote of Card Martini himself :"Conservative people say that I'm the anti-papa (against) itsn't true, I'm the ante-papa (ante:to precede), I'm a forerunner"